Feets, Foots, and Toesy


Me and my husband
 I went to the Podiatrist on Friday. No surprise, he said I complicated. He sure got that 100% right. Good news there is no erosion signs from my RA. Then he used several larger words that I didn’t quiet catch or understand. He explained that when I walk on my right foot I’m actually walking on the right side of my foot. (I’ve been paying more attention and he is right)

I have an appointment on December 6 to have a brace made for my right foot and ankle. They are also making new insert for my shoes. I have insert already but this insert will go almost the whole foot where the ones I have now only do half.

Hopefully this will help reduce the foot pain I go through. Right now I can stand twenty minutes before my feet really start to hurt and soon after that I just have to get off of them. Not a person to allow my issues to stop me, I use my wheelchair at that point to continue on.

The Podiatrist surprised me a little when he asked me if I had handicap tag, which I do have. He told me to keep moving as long I can and hopefully these will help me to walk longer. I have exercises to do as well. I started right away doing the exercises. So far the exercises have made my leg including knee and hip very sore.

As much as I knew the truth ahead of time and I already use a wheelchair at times. It was still a little heart wrenching. It won’t be so bad once I get a motorized cart and a way to load and unload it from the car. Right now my wheelchair is great if the kids are with me as it is hard for my husband to push with his issue. I can’t wheel myself for long and end up hurting my arm and shoulder. Just makes me worry a bit when the kids move out and we realize how much the kids help us.

December 6 is also the next date for my husband’s outpatient surgery. They will be putting shots into the spine of his back trying to get the nerves ending to stop hurting. We have done this once already and he got one whole day of relief but they think that maybe it will give more days each time we do the shots. We are also waiting for an appointment for a neurosurgeon. Hate to think of another back surgery for him, but if it will help it will be worth.

We sure are two peas in a pod.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Renewing

Broken bones with RA