Possible Biologic pills?

by meerlap
I'm reading RA article today as I pass some time and see what is new on the market. One article on Web MD talking about if a biologic pill is possiblestuck me funny as I read about what Rheumatoid Arthritis does.

"RA, an autoimmune disease affecting 2 million people, happens when the body engages in friendly fire against its own joints and tissues, causing inflammation, pain, and joint damage"

Friendly Fire now that is a very nicely way to put it.

The article is very encouraging though. I take Orencia. Even with my insurance it would cost me $300 a month. I have 90/10 insurance as well, so I only pay 10 percent after deductible is met. Thankfully Orencia has a program for co-pay helping taking the amount paid down to only $5 a month. Loss of my job would me loss of medical care for myself.

Depending on how long you have followed this blog, I have already done several years without medical. A wonderful toll on my body, but it is what it is.

The article talks about the need for Bilogic Pills. I give myself an injection each week and each week I dread doing it. Sometimes not a big deal and other times I worry if I’m doing it right. I would be happy to sign up for a pill over injections. IV infusions I have tried too. Poor nurses have a hard time starting an IV on me and the cost start around $8,000 per infusion.

Pills would be easier to use, covered more by insurance, and cheaper. I hope we reach this goal soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Renewing

Broken bones with RA

Feets, Foots, and Toesy