The wonderful Stomach Bug

Going around work is the wonderful stomach bug, it may be the stomach flu but no one has seen the doctor to confirm. My co-workers are so nice and wonderful that I have also picked up this illness. It started on Friday the 25th. I woke up sore and just felt off but I pushed to head towards a podiatrist appointment. I never made it. I pulled over once to be sick and then again a 2nd time. Thankfully my husband was with me and drove us home. I’ll now have to wait a month to get another appointment.

My podiatrist appointment is for issues with my feel. I can stand about 45 minutes before my feet start to hurt a lot. Like standing on pins and I have to get off. Since I love to walk, hike, and go to amusement parks this is another obstacle standing in my way. Thankfully I do have a manual wheelchair but my husband health no longer allows him to push me and my arms are unable to do it myself for long. If I try to wheel myself my shoulder will go out. I’m not sure what the doctor’s would call it, but my shoulder becomes unable to move up. So the mussel gets mad from overuse.

Now that I’m sick, I get the joy of going through the yucky feeling but I also can’t take any of my medicine until I’m done being sick. All the medicine I take lower my immune system. Since my immune system is busy kicking, I hope, whatever is making me sick, my medicine might make everything worse. Not being a big fan of hospitals or the hospital food, we need to avoid that.

Today is Sunday and I sort of feel better right now, which is why I’m typing this. I’ve only ate two crackers as well which made me feel awful. So I’m looking forward to Chicken Noodle Soup (Mrs. Grass brand, my favorite.) for dinner and nice long sleep. I had to go to work today cause we already work skeleton crew on Sundays.. but boy was it hard. I had to visit the restroom a lot this morning.

Looking out the window it is a wonderful grey, cold, and windy day. A perfect day to stay in bed. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll be better and won’t have to use up sick time. Praying to feel better soon so I can get back on track with my medicine before the wonderful flare up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Renewing

Broken bones with RA

Feets, Foots, and Toesy