The cost of Rituxan

What is the cost of Rituxan?

$13,111.70 That was just posted thankfully to my insurance. I'm sure it will be cheaper once the insurance marks it down, hopefully quite a bit. Now I have to do this again in two weeks, then every six months two infusions. Meaning in a year $52,000 just on rituxan and that doesn't include the other doctor apts and meds that I need. That more then the average family make, and more then I make as well.
Now imagine been a parent of a child who needs this. “Sorry honey, you'll have to be in pain and not be able to run like the other kids. We just don't have and can't afford insurance.” Would happen, so you would think here in America but it does. Quite honestly it would be better to not work and let the government carry us, but for those trying to make end meet and in the middle class range this does happen. They make too much for help, but not enough to pay for all their needs.

What is going to help me is my insurance and rituxan company. My insurance, thank God I finally found a good job, has an out of pocket cap of $3000. Rituxan did send me a card to help cover up to $4000 a year. So it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
The overall cost is crazy. What if I lose my job, I would be in big trouble. What about other people who are trying to make ends meet. With proper treatment I may have been able to stop much of the damage that is seen today. Eventually I will be completely disable, but I'm pushing forward until then.

What did I get for $13000 worth. Take a look at the photo of my husband sitting next to me.
 
We get to sit in lazy boy type chairs. I'm short so I can touch the ground. At least the chairs will lean back, but when I have to get up I need help getting the foot part to go down as they are very stiff and hard to move. We are attached to the doctor hallway in a room full of seven of these chair. Lucky they had a spare one for my husband to sit at or else they had no room for him to sit with me. So the next time, if they are busy I have to do the six to eight hour treatment alone. Much more fun when you can have someone with you. Many people fall to sleep and they do give you benadryl... but I can't sleep in a chair. I'm not comfortable and as a fall asleep the chair back always moves forward more.

The chair were so close to each other that we had to get help getting out our IV stand to use the rest room. Chair were too close.

Now I've seen better and hopefully this facility will grow over the years to some more room... but it still a nice area. They have snacks for you to use and free wi-fi at least. I sent my husband for lunch too. Thankfully there is a McDonalds near by.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Renewing

Broken bones with RA

Feets, Foots, and Toesy