Nothing but pain

Well my insurance company at work it trying to help make everyone healthier by offering step pedometers. They would like us to walk 10,000 steps a day. Sorry not possible here but I am trying to do more.  My step pedometer does say I walk 3000 steps on an average work day where I don't do too much. But 10,000 steps, it would be nice to do that much walking but since I don't know what is causing the odd flare ups, I'll just have to play it one day at a time. I love to go hiking, shopping, and spending time at Dollywood and Dollywood Splash Country, so I'm sure on those days I do that many steps, but I'm often left sore for the next few days.

Today I have had even more fun with odd strong pain through my left knee. The oddest part is that it hurts for no reason. I was woke up this morning at 2 am with very horrible pain, yet I walked OK to my bathroom. The pain in strong and it comes and goes. It not just an ouch, it brings tears to my eyes and leaves me praying for the end. Moving and pressing on the knee didn't hurt or help but it sure did hurt. I took some pain relief, thank heavens I had some. Needless to say the pain did ease off after about a half hour, but I just couldn't get back to sleep. So at 6 am I got up and got ready for work. Thankfully that strong pain didn't come back, but I'm tired.

I did find this site on exercises the help with knee pain, I suppose it is worth a try. http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=363

Now the stretches is where I'm going to start and see if that helps. I think I can even do many of those from my office desk. I already have a habit of stretching my leg out over my cooler as a foot stool or lift my leg up and straight as it will go for a few seconds. I'll give it a try and report back.

I also asked my co-worker today if our insurance covers a chiropractor and discovered they do. So tomorrow I'll be calling to set an  appointment with one. I'm hoping they can help with the upper back pain, hip pain, and maybe the knee pain. My rheumatologist is on vacation for two weeks, but the nurse did say I can see my family doctor in the mean time. Not sure what they can do but this is really making my life hard as I never know when things are going to act up. Like last Saturday, see last post for those wonderful details.

My husband is having a wonderful weekend. He got an ear infection, bronchitis, and off work until Monday slip. Thankfully he was already off the weekend, so he'll miss two days of work all together. He has asthma, so he taking a good beating with the cold. Unfortunately he is not on my insurance yet, we are hoping to be able to afford to put him on in November when our open enrollment is, just have to take a good look at the budget and hope we can do it.

I do get to have a three day weekend as well, so I guess it will be relaxing at home. Which may be what I need, although I already sit enough so it is nice to get out on the weekend. I'll be working the 4th of July which is awesome because it will be extra pay. I guess that will make up for my husband's missed days from being sick.

I'm really looking forward to some more answers and relief from the pain and the interference in my life. Its really hard to do anything as I never know what each day will bring, but I'm really tired of feeling this way. I think having a hot tub at this point may be very useful to help battling my joint pain. We are planning to move in the near future, about six months to a year, so a hot tub (garden tub with jets or something) is ranking up high on the list.

Picture by Ayla87 on sxc.hu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Renewing

Broken bones with RA

Feets, Foots, and Toesy