Fibromyalgia?

I had to go to the urgent care today. Yesterday was a very very bad morning. It started out well but at work I got wonderful cold chills and shooting pain in many joints. My lower back, knee, and hip where the top winners of the pain contest. I could have just cried, although that wouldn't have helpped much. It was really hard to keep focus at work. Finally after about two hours I was back to me. If that would have started at home I wouldn't have made it to work, so at least I made it work first.

Last night I woke up with extreme knee pain in my left knee. At first I didn't move, but the pain continued. Then I rolled to my side and put a pillow between my knees. Then I grabbed the icyhot, bad idea.. that didn't help at all and the icy part seemed to hurt more. I carefully got up to the bathroom, I was expectin a hard time walking but I could walk on my knee just fine but the knee had this crazy sharp pain that just kept coming and going. In the bathroom I washed off the icyhot, I sat on the toilet while I did that. Then I put hot water on the wash cloth and just kept appling more hot water when the rag cooled down. This didn't help either. I finally went back to bed and cried myself to sleep. Not a good night at all.

Sadly I have had a few night like this recently and it really starting to get me. (Can I have a body that works now. lol.. sorry I have a odd humor to go with this too.) 

So today I went to our urgent care. She agreed with me that it is odd to hurt when no inflammation showing. She checked out both my knee which look fine, but the pain is so real. I doesn't matter if I'm sitting, walking, laying.. the pain comes when it wants to. I explained the other problems with my upper back, shoulders, hip.. and that my left knee is my good knee and that the one that hurts the most. She said it could be never or muscular. I told her I have a feeling that the word Fibromyalgia may be coming up soon and she agreed. So I'll be calling my Rheumatologist to give her more of an update of all the wonderful pain. Thankfully the urgent care gave my tramadol.. they said I can take 1 to 2 every six hours. I took one. I can feel pain right now in my feet, hip, lower back, and in my wonderful knee.. but the pain in not too bad.

I did look up info on fibromyalgia. I've seen the tv commercials and knew that many people with RA said fibromyalgia and ra go hand in hand. This website.. http://health.msn.com/health-topics/pain-management/arthritis/fibromyalgia-and-rheumatoid-arthritis had some really good information. It seems if I have the fibromyalgia it will be the first common thing my body has done... as I seem to be odd in almost everything else. lol.

I just need to find a way to handle the pain. I don't want to just sit and the prednisone is not help as I keep gaining weight. Part of me wants to cry, part of me wants to just my body push really hard, and part of me is a bit scared that this may interfere with day job... being the bread winner of the family I won't let that happen. So we just gonna learn to deal with pain.

Picture from Ambrozjo on sxc.hu http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1385159

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Renewing

Broken bones with RA

Feets, Foots, and Toesy