Orencia

On Monday October 29 I was able to receive my first orencia infusion. The infusion went well overall. I have notice any side effects and am overall feeling okay. I have some issues with headaches and have had some flares up, both of which I think is related to the weather. The headaches are like a sinus headache. The wonderfully cold weather sneaking in over the last few days is what I blame my joints being sore on.
 
I have to get infusions in two week, another two weeks, then once a month. For a much as I hate needles I'm sure hoping for some really good results. As of right now I can't tell a difference. My Doctor did tell me to wait until after about the fourth infusion before noticing improvements.
 
For now I am very lucky to be able to get the medical treatment that I need. I went many years without in the past. My heart goes out to the many who can not afford to get the medical treatment. Somewhere along the way money shouldn't be the reason for treatment. Not sure about the overall cost yet, I'll post that when it is posted to my insurance page. The start of 2013 will be hard for us as it won't take long to meet the out of pocket expense cap for my insurance. At the same time I'm very thankful for the cap as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Renewing

Broken bones with RA

Feets, Foots, and Toesy