Finding a new Doctor

Lately I haven't been 100% happy with my rheumatologist. She a great doctor but I keep getting the feeling she doesn't have time for me. Now I'm having a wonderful flare up. She called me in a prednisone again but I'm still having issues. Then my work schedule changed for June so I called to switch the next appointment date. When I called I found out she claims to be leaving June 20. I say claim because they said this twice last year. Well I'm tried of playing these games. So I have called my family doctor and asked for another referral. Now my insurance doesn't require a referral but for some reasons the doctor office does.

Well it been almost a week and my family doctor's nurse has not returned my call, so I have made an appointment for Monday to see him. Beside I'm still enjoying this wonderful flare up anyhow. Finding a new doctor can be so stressful. I don't really want to drive far, but don't want to have to keep switching and I want someone who will take the time. I don't even know what my blood work number look like right now. I have asked my rheumtologist's nurse but she never gets back with me.

On my last appointment I told the doctor that the Orencia injections are not a miracle.. and started to explain when my husband jumped in and told her about the extra stress as well because I'm the only one working right now. Now that is but its not really bothering me.. the appointment went down hill from there because she spent more time talking to my husband and I felt ignored. They talked about why he is working, his medical issues, unemployement, and disabiltiy. Now that doctor is not his doctor at all and I wanted to be like a little kid and yell hey this is about me. The Orencia is helping but I'm still spending two weeks out of the month sore and exhausted... plus if I try to do anything like help my youngest learn to ride his bike.. which was the start of this current flare up which is on week three.

So my doctor leaving my be a good thing. I need a doctor who will have more time and listen. I feel the doctor is happy with my at home injection and I'm not. I really dislike doing them although I kept up with it. In the mean time I just want to sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Renewing

Broken bones with RA

Feets, Foots, and Toesy