New Doctor, not for long

I met my new Rheumatologist, he is not going to be my Rheumatologist for long. He kept going on about my weight and how being over weight can lead to being Diabetic and it runs in my family. Well I know lots of people who are very skinny and has Diabetes and I know many over weight people who don't have diabetes. Don't get me wrong I know diabetes is controlled well with good eating habits but I don't have Diabetes.. Plus the only reason I put on a few pounds is because they keep putting me on Prednisone. I still suppose to take 5mg a day... well I refuse to take any more of it.

So today I called my family doctor and asked for another referral because the last one is going to work out. So far I haven't been asked for details but the Rhematologist talked very little about the RA and how it affects me and more about Diabetes that I don't have... maybe/hopefully never will. He even mention a lap band surgery... now I am 70 pounds over the ideal weight but I don't think its a surgery issue. I think my weight is because every time I try to workout or just even walk on a daily bases my RA flares up. The doctor respond with a wonderful Prednisone burst. So it very easy to see the circle.

Oh well. No more Predisone and back to the drawing board for a good Rheumatologist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Renewing

Broken bones with RA

Feets, Foots, and Toesy