Rough start to June 2013

Its 2 am and I'm awake because I got an itchy side effect from my meds. Its happens sometimes so I took some benadryl and waiting for that to start working. Yesterday morning was horrid. It took 5 hours for my RA to stop hurting in the morning. My upper back is very sore the mussel cramp and hurt to touch. I used a heating pad off and on for the back, shoulder, and legs. The odd part is the pain shoot down my arms and they were shaking. I wanted nothing more but to climb into bed, but that wasn't an option. I made it through work however.

I took a nice hot bath as soon as I got home. Which I could stayed there longer. My neck is sore right now with the itchiness so now fun right now either. I'm interested in either getting some kind of access to a pool or hot tub  or maybe I can get my doctor to get me in some aquatic therapy.

I have an MRI schedule Monday at 7am. This should be early enough so I don't miss work. Doctors at the care today clinic want to make sure it just the mussels giving me this pain and not the bones. The doctor was hoping the pain was due to stress. I usually handle stress better but I wish I could take a vacation, which I have 10 days planned for in July.

We have a nice vacation planned to see family and then go to Cedar Point. My kids have never seen Cedar Point yet. I love it, but I'm concered if my husband and I will be able to handle it. We may need to get a travel scooter... we both my need one is the bad part. Plus I really don't want to seperate from the kids/family so I don't really want to use the handicap enterance on the rides. I'll have to look more into options, if we can get or rent a travel scooter maybe we can park it when we do rides and use it inbetween rides to get some rest. It may be more of a pain than it worth. We did get two days at Cedar Point to give us more time. We used to do it in one day when I was younger but it has been years since I have been there.

My husband has an MRI on Wednesday. Then they will be sending him to an another doctor to talk about what options we have. The X-Rays show the bone above in spinal fusion has moved or broken off so they need the MRI to see more clearly. However we are all thinking it sounds like back surgery number 2. He is in lots of pain and has a hard time even riding in a car. Which worries me about our trip, he may not be able to ride any of the rides. We'll still go and let the kids have fun, but we have to be safe first. I don't want to make things worse for a few minutes of fun.

Our kids are getting much older. My oldest is 15 and ready to get his permit next week. This is a nerve racking time for me to think about him driving, but it will also be a large help. My husband says it hurts for him to drive so I worry about how safe it is for him to drive. My oldest will be a huge help driving his Dad around when he is not in school.

I then worry about how much responsibility I'm putting on my children. They help with so much already. If my husband does back surgery I'll need even more of their help. Last time the back surgery too a year for him to recover, but he was back to almost normal. Which is most likely why we are at this spot because he went back to doing maintenance. We tried to get him an office job, it just never worked out.

I'm thankful I can write and work in an office, but money is very tight with just me working. We have been waiting on an answer from disability since January. I pray we hear something soon. We have had five doctor now tell us he can't work anymore. They are working on just getting him to get around and do things around the house. Even washing dishes causes him pain, and we have a dishwasher.

So I can see there are way too many stresses right now, but there isn't much we can do about them. Only time can fix it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Renewing

Broken bones with RA

Feets, Foots, and Toesy