Anemic, again

The last few weeks have been very hard. Two weeks ago I got a call from my doctor on my blood test. (Because I take methotrexate I have to have a blood test every month before the doctor will give me a refill.) I don't know exactly what is wrong with the blood test but I have an appointment this Tuesday to find out. (It took some time for me to arrange a weekday off for the appointment because of my new job with Charter. I was in training and couldn't miss my training class.) What I did find out is that I'm sever anemic, meaning I need to increase my iron.

I've already been tired but I thought it was because of a sinus infection I have had. This has happened before but the nurse said it was really bad but couldn't tell me more. Now I don't feel well. I'm cold all the time. I really want and need to see the doctor because I want to know what is going on and at the same time I want to do my best to show my new job that made a great choice hiring me.  (My bosses are great and were very concerned when I told them and got me a weekday off as soon as they could.)

In the mean time I've been working on keep myself going and getting my iron up. I got some over the counter Iron and started taking one in the morning at one at bed. I did find out that milk should not be took an hour before or after taking iron. Drink orange juice, because of the vitamin C, will help the body absorb the iron. I hate orange juice, it just too. (I did drink a little bit, I still hate it though.)

The iron alone didn't give me enough energy so I added taking Vitamin D, Ginseng, and ginkgo biloba. Not only has my energy been improving but I've also notice I've been stiff for only a few hours everyday. Usually I was stiff for four hours everyday.

I'm still freezing a lot. Normally I'm hot and love having the AC on, but right now I have to wear a blanket or snuggie in my house. Thankfully my bed has a heating mattress pad that helps give my body a break from the cold, but I can't sleep with it on or I would roast my husband out of his bed.

Hopefully we can get my blood work back to normal, but hopefully by sharing my experiences I can help other people going through the same thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Renewing

Broken bones with RA

Feets, Foots, and Toesy