2013 New Year and Insurance

Now the new year has begun and for many of us it is time to meet our deductible. For people like me it not only meeting our deductible but also hitting our out of pocket cap as well. My prescription for the Orencia injections is $2535. Now my deductible is $2350 and my employer helps to pay $1250 of that. Once the deductible is met I get 90/10 insurance, which means the insurance pays 90% while I pay 10%. This continues until I meet my out of pocket cap, then the insurance pays for everything. Now my out of pocket cap, as long as I stay in network, is $4850.

Now you can quickly see where I'm going to go right through my out of pocket cap. Making the 1st of the year very hard for my family as the bills rack up really fast. Now there is no way I have the money I would need upfront for the Orencia, but thankfully I have a card from Orencia that makes it so I only have to pay $5 out of pocket each month. So that will be a huge blessing for our family.

Just to make life a lot more fun, my husband is unemployed. He is also having back problem and hasn't seen a doctor in years due to to lack of insurance. He is now adding on my insurance, which means the bills will pill just a little faster while we met our out of pocket expense. We are a mess for a couple. He has asthma, back issues (has had a spinal fusion done), hearing issues, and is starting to have joint problems too. The one good news we do have is that he can go back to working at Dollywood when they open in the spring.

The wonderful added stress of all of this and the cold weather has my body a little unhappy with me. Just going to have to look for the bright sides and keep moving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Renewing

Broken bones with RA

Feets, Foots, and Toesy