Being Tired and missing Rituxan

I have been trying to get caught up with my on-line work but I have just been plainly tired and sore. Rheumatoid Arthritis flare ups seem to be worse for me just before and during my monthly time, which is most likely the reason why I'm so tired right now. People can notice that I'm sore and tired too. Especially in the morning when I'm moving slowly. I heard those wonderful remarks today from people; "You not old enough to feel that way" or "I'm older then you are and I can move faster then that". I've never understood these remarks and they really drive me crazy. "Yes I'm young for moving so slow and I'm happy you can move better then I can, thank for pointing that out." I usually try not to be so rude but that is what I really wish I could say. Lately I stuck with comment like "I keep telling my bones that but they just are not listening."

Many things can contribute to making RA hurt. One thing is stress. It has been a long week this week. Stress form work and children and just daily life can all add up at times. I'm looking forward to my days off just to take some time and relax.

There are many great Rheumatoid Arthritis treatments that can help to reduce these days of being exhausted and tired, but without insurance most of them are unfordable. The best treatment that I have ever tried was Rituxan. Rituxan company had an access to care foundation plan that gave me the medication for free. The only problem was the Rituxan had to be infused through an IV. I called the local clinic and asked how much it would cost. Rituxan first dosage had to be given twice two weeks apart, then the other dosages are once every six months. The clinic told me it would be $500 each time. So the first month would cost $1000 and I could make payments. The rituxan treatment took eight hour the first time and six hours the second time. Overall the treatment was not too bad. I got some cold chills and an upset tummy the first time.

Then I got the bill from the clinic. The bill was $2300! I called the clinic which told me I was miss informed or incorrect. Because I never got the first quote in writing I was stuck with the charges. Which also meant I couldn't afford to do the next treatment in six month. The first month dosage of Rituxan was able to help me for a year and a half. During that time I was able to be me with little pain and flare up. I was sore around my monthly pain, but nothing like I am now. If I could find a way to get the infusion part affordable I would gladly look into getting another treatment with Rituxan or a similar treatment.

My dream is to one day see treatment like the Rituxan be available to people who needs it. With Rituxan I could be just like everyone else my age and could alway be working, instead I'm struggling to keep moving and spend morning hobbling into work. Thank God I have the skills and lucky enough to have an office job.

To find out more about Rituxan; visit www.rituxan.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Renewing

Broken bones with RA

Feets, Foots, and Toesy