Yeah. Saw a Rheumatologist

I finally got to see a Rheumatologist. It has been about five year due to the loss of insurance. At first I wasn't sure, but shortly after meeting her. I knew I found the right doctor for my RA. She quickly saw my issues and I could see she really cared.

On Monday I have to go get a TB injection. Wednesday I get the TB injection read and then my first Embrel shot. I really really hate needles but I'm going to do my best to work over that part. Stopping pain and destructing to bones is defiantly worth the darn injection. I just hate that it is one a week.

The Rituxan that I had in the past would be every six months, but the insurance company require that we try other method's first. The doctor, Kimberly Leaird, also informed me that Embrel is also the best to stop bone damage with the tb blockers. Just have to see if it works. I would like Embrel to work, but still not overly happy over a weekly injecting.

Did a lot of walking after the appointment. We got groceries and I helped carry them in and put them away. Usually Richard and the boys do most of that work. I'm a bit sore all over. My knees hurt when I get up and my lower back is bothering me. When did up the methotrexate to six a week and starting a low dose 5mg of prednisone.

I'm doing therapy for my left elbow which will mostly open and will be getting a splint for my right hand on my next appointment. Which will be on Tuesday.

I did find help paying for the co-pays for Embrel. My biggest fear right now is the co-pays for the doctors and thearpy. Thankfully my insurance does have an out of pocket cap of $3000. Unfortunatly I'm sure I'll hit that by next month.

Time flies by fast but I'll keep sharing as we keep moving in the right directions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Renewing

Broken bones with RA

Feets, Foots, and Toesy